Air Force Survivor Benefits

Air Force Casualty


Arlington National Cemetery


If you wish to have your loved one buried or interred at Arlington National Cemetery, you should ask your local funeral home to contact the Interment Office and arrange for the interment service. This should be done while you are, or your representative is, at the funeral home.

Army Survivor Benefits

Army Survivor Outreach Services

Information and resources on the Army's Survivor assistance program.  Locate a local representative and find out about events in your area to honor and support the families of Fallen Service Members 


Coast Guard Survivor Benefits

Defense Finance and Accounting Service


The Defense Finance and Accounting Service provides professional finance and accounting services for members of the uniformed services and their dependents. Here you will find a wealth of information about military pay and benefits. Look under “Retired Pay” for information on Survivor Benefits.

Marine Corps Survivor Benefits

Marine Corps Casualty


Military Funeral Honors

Families of eligible veterans may request funeral honors through their funeral director. The funeral director must contact the appropriate military service to arrange for the funeral honors detail.

Military OneSource


Military OneSource understands the needs of military family members who have lost a loved one. Surviving spouses, parents and children can turn to Military OneSource for information, resources and counseling support during their time of need. Help is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week by telephone or Internet. Services include:

Face-to-face counseling in the local community at no cost
Immediate support for those with emotional well-being issues
Referrals to appropriate service branch agencies, aid agencies, charitable organizations, support groups, and other resources
Educational materials related to benefits, grief and other related issues
Translation services for more than 150 languages
Additional contact information:

From overseas, call 800-342-9647. Dialing instructions can be found on the Military OneSource website at “Contact Us.”

From overseas locations, while deployed, or from remote areas only, you may call collect at 703-253-7599.

National Resource Directory

This directory is an online partnership designed to assist wounded, ill and injured service members, veterans, their families, and families of the fallen service members and those who support them. Casualty Assistance is located under the “Family Support” icon.

Navy Survivor Benefits

Social Security Administration


Expedited Claim Unit: 866-777-7887 - Miltary Casualty Line

Social Security benefits may be available to the spouse or children of deceased service members. Your casualty assistance officer can help you with this.

Thrift Savings Plan


The Thrift Savings Plan is a retirement savings and investment plan for federal employees and members of the uniformed services, including the Ready Reserve. TSP benefits are passed to designated beneficiaries via the member’s completed TSP-U-3. If no TSP-U-3 was completed, the benefits will be passed according to the order of precedence required by law.


East Region: 800-444-5445

West Region: 844-866-9378

 List of all contact numbers: 

To understand your health care benefits, you may ask your casualty assistance officer or contact TRICARE for more information.